John W. Pettley, PLS
Senior Professional Land Surveyor
- Professional Land Surveyor’s Association (CLSA)
- International Right-of-Way Association (IRWA) - San Jose
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) – California, Monterey Bay Area Chapter (Treasurer)
- John joined Whitson Engineers in 2014 and brings his expertise in land surveying and project management to our survey department
- John’s extensive experience includes managing Santa Clara’s $4 million land surveying contract for a 12 mile stretch of BART. He supervised both office and field teams to coordinate this project’s many moving facets. Between managing project control for aerial mapping, boundary surveys, topographic mapping, ALTA Surveys, GPS Surveys, and construction staking in the field, and complex boundary resolutions, legal descriptions, appraisal mappings, and right-of-way documents in the office, John exemplifies his diverse skills throughout his career. He has worked on numerous public and private sector sites. Some of the other notable projects he has worked on include: San Tomas Creek, Lake Isabella Dam, utility mapping for US Army Corps of Engineers in Marysville, CA, and the 40-mile long perimeter boundary of the Fort Ord Military Reservation in Monterey, CA.